Download Network Forensics free for a limited time (offer expires 12/18/18).
Published in 2017, Network Forensics is a guide for anyone looking for a broad understanding of cybersecurity. The 300+ page ebook takes a learn by doing approach to develop skills that translate to the real world. This would be a good library addition if you’re preparing for a certificate.
Some areas Network Forensics covers:
- Investigate packet captures to identify network communications involved in an attack or crime
- Locate host-based artifacts left by network communications
- Use logs left behind by network services to correlate with packet captures
- Understand intrusion detection systems and use them for investigative work
- Prepare for an incident by having the right network architecture and systems in place
The ebook is offered by TradePub. If you don’t have a TradePub account you’ll need to create one. Creating an account there is a rather long process and they ask for a lot of information. Get the book here:
You can find more Tech Treats here.